Saturday 10 March 2018

FS579 - Roll With It


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Denise (aka Visa Visa). I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Denise's:
-colours (black, white, green)
-circular focal point with strip behind

I changed:
-stamped image
-clearer background
-size

I started by simply stamping my images and sentiment on a white panel. I coloured it with Copics and then thought about how to add some interest.

First, I cut and coloured the sushi grass as my strip for a bigger pop of colour on the card. Then inspiration hit, and I created a big maki roll by cutting my focal panel with a circle die and matting it on black (seaweed).

For more interest, I tilted my maki so that it looks like it's rolling.

I used:

2 comments:

  1. wonderful re-take on the inspiration. Love the green looks almost like a sushi rolling mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever card Ardyth - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.