Monday 26 June 2017

IB62 - Brighten My Day


This is my colourful card for this week's Inspired by All the Little Things:



I focused on the bright umbrellas and the way they overlapped each other. To try to get a similar look, I inked up a background stamp with Tombow Dual-Brush pens (but I'm sure it would work with any water-based markers, including Zig Art&Graphic Twin Tip Markers), then spritzed it with water before pressing it onto some watercolour cardstock. I love that you can still see the shapes and curves, but the colours have run and blended a bit. I created my sentiment from two different stamp sets, using some creative masking. Here's a video:


I should have kept the camera on a little longer - I just dabbed those darker areas with a paper towel and the colours 'cleared' right up.

I used:

13 comments:

  1. Well for me this is perfection, love that you tried something different and fantastic video! Thank you for sharing with us at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I always look forward to your interpretations to challenges. They are always outside the box, which is why they are so awesome. Love the bright colors,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! They DO look like tiny little umbrellas! So creative, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous - it looks as though you are looking at umbrellas through a window streaked with rain. A stunning card Ardyth.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is very clever and what a beautiful effect.
    Really love it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background is SOOOOOO cool! Love the 'abstract' look of the umbrellas and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool and artsy card Ardyth!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....this is one fabulous card. Love all those incredible colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple yet very effective. I keep forgetting to dry the first layer of watercolour & then go over it & am always disappointed at how subtle the colour is. Thanks for the reminder Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a creative idea! and the result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect interpretation of the photo, Ardyth, with a great little sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.