Thursday 27 October 2016

Muse 189 - Happy Birthday!


This is my card for this week's Muse challenge, where our Guest Muse, Lucille has given us this fun donut-themed card:



Now. I feel like I need to explain myself a bit. There really is a link between these two cards. I need to make a card for my niece, who (obviously) is turning 16. I wanted it to be cool and minimal, and yet still inspired by Lucille's card.

I focused on Lucille's:
-central pink circle
-repeated circles in a vertical orientation
-bright colours
-split sentiment

I used:
-Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints (see how the dots aren't quite perfectly round?)
-MFT Delicious Birthday (retired?)
-Memory Box Parker number dies

13 comments:

  1. Just love this !!!!!
    Very strong card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your minimal cards Ardyth!!!
    I absolutely understood your thinking ;-)
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the connection is clear! Great card for a teenager... bright and "cool". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE card for your niece Ardyth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful CAS card Ardyth. I saw the connection to the donut card right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. From pokey dotty to polka DOTS! Fun card for a 16 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous CAS card Ardyth - love your 'take' on the inspiration card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your sweet card, so clever and so you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS, cool and so fun, Ardyth! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I have a grand niece turning 16 next month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep...another card that makes my CAS lovin' heart beat faster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep...another awesome card that makes my clean & simple lovin' heart beat faster. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.