Thursday 26 May 2016

Inspired by Laura - Hello, Lovely!


My new Concord & 9th goodies arrived and I couldn't wait to play with this big, dramatic flower from You are Enough. I simply stamped the outline and then the two colours and coloured the stem with a Copic.

For my layout, I decided to use a trick that I saw Laura Bassen use earlier this week on a floral card. I cut a straight line down the left side of the flower and fussy cut the petal so that it extends over the MFT patterned paper. I think the black diagonal stripes work well with the sentiment that I put together from Birdie Banners and Wonderful Women.

10 comments:

  1. Ardith, that flower s awesome. BTW, I saw Jennifer McGuire use that technique and I tried it. I haven't posted my card yet, but will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. Love it Ardith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black diagonal stripes TOTALLY work with the sentiment and also add a huge 'WOW' factor. Awesome 'over-the-edge' technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Ardyth! Now I either have to buy or come use yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this looks like a totally different flower from the one above just by using different techniques. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe of your talent to make such a dramatic card Ardyth.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a GREAT card -- love that off the side stamping, and pop of black and white stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Ardyth ... bold and beautiful ... that gorgeous bloom overlapping the diagonal stripes is so striking! This set (along with a heap more from C&9th!) went in my wish book just the other day ... think it just made the priority list! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! The black stripes work beautifully with the large dramatic flower.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.