Saturday 19 September 2015

Muse133 - Happy Birthday Emily!


My post for this week's Muse challenge is a little bit later than usual. That's because this is also my card for Emily's birthday, and I don't want her to see it until she gets to my house today* and sees it for real.

It was inspired by this card by Michele:



I focused on Michele's
-black background
-pops of pastel colours (I lined mine up in rows, using Simon's Medium Dot Line die)
- butterfly (mine is a small Stampin' Up! stamp)
- tag element (I used a sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Birthday set).

I hope you'll join us at Muse this week - the deadline is Monday morning at 8 EDT. At that time you can vote for your three favourites until Tuesday at 8. Voting results will be posted on Tuesday at noon! 

*today, Tracey, Natasha, Lindsey and Emily are coming over for a stamping day. We've planned a little (slightly early) birthday party for Emily with cupcakes and everything! 

8 comments:

  1. I've been anxiously awaiting an Ardyth original for my Muse - you never disappoint - just darling! Have fun ... again I'd LOve to join you - birthday hugs for Emily!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome take on Michele's card! Love the black background and the dots of colour! I have this SSS die and will look at it from a different perspective now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made the Muse card your own and hope you have a fun and crafty day !x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning take on the Muse, Ardyth! She's going to love it and have loads of fun! Happy Birthday, to your sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS! Tidy polkie dots, a nice block font sentiment, a softly graphic butterfly and tons of black white space! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the Michele's card this week Ardyth - your design is gorgeous:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tiny dots of pastel colour are fabulous, Ardyth ... love how they pop against the black ... and how they're soooo precise! Hope you had a fabulous time with the girls ... birthday cupcakes and all! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.