Thursday 12 September 2013

Muse #34 - Hello, Baby Bear


For this week's Muse challenge, where our inspiration is this clean card by Therese:




Debby Hughes used this Ink+Wit  image once upon a time and I knew I had to have it. It's perfect for baby cards! And brown (Baked Brown Sugar) and cream is a great neutral colour combination for baby cards. It's especially useful for those baby showers that happen before the baby arrives, but it's easy to add a last-minute tiny pop of colour as I have here if you know what kind of baby it is.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!

This card is neither a 4.25x4.25 square (my favourite go-to size) or a 4.25x5.5 standard card. It's 4.25x 4.875 (that's 4 7/8). There's no science to it - I just felt it was the right amount of space plus it will still fit into a regular envelope.

There's still time for you to play along with Muse this week. The deadline is Monday at 8:00 am EDT and then you can vote until Tuesday at 8:00 (even if you didn't get a chance to play along!). Hope to see you there!

30 comments:

  1. Sigh ... this is so adorable, Ardyth ... such a perfect colour (one I would never have thought of for a baby card but it's delicious) and I LOVE that wee pop of hot pink bling! Sweet and elegant at the same time! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pure and clean look, but most of all I think this card is soo cute! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great take on the Muse challenge. I love the sweet little pink collar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is the perfect baby card image and the little collar is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet card, Ardyth! I just love your clean and simple style. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect baby card, Ardyth! Love the pink collar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are getting an awww...love your one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulously sweet card - I love how you can change it up with the collar colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cutest - the pink collar is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stamp is sooo cute, Ardyth. No wonder you had to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That stamp is ADORABLE and the pink collar is so cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, such a cute image. Great card x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see why you had to have this image, it's incredible and so is your card Ardyth, love how you added that pretty pink collar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. UnBEARably adorable, Ardy!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling, darling card. It looks soft enough to touch! And just that bit of pink...perfection! Love this. And love your new photo too. Nice! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww this is so cute Ardyth! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very clever. Love your take on the muse.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a wonderful stamp and so perfect for your style! I love the touch of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a neat "take" on Theresa's card! LOVE this cute card, Ardyth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Be still, my heart...so sweet, Ardyth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, love the stamping and how you can quickly personalise it at the last minute for a boy or a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet adorable baby card - I love it - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is just so adorable!!!!! i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. BEYOND....WAY BEYOND sweet & cute! I just checked out Ink+Wit (must be living under that rock again, cuz this is news to me!) and the image is sold out. I strongly suspect sales went through the roof minutes after you posted this fabulous card! The sweet wee pop of pink is perfect - especially with the kraft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Despite your note on Muse, I voted for you. Sorry, I tried to take it back and it didn't like that much :) This card is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.