Friday 5 July 2013

FFC12 - Snow


Time for our next Festive Friday challenge, and this one is guaranteed to keep you cool! It's a trigger challenge and the trigger is Snow!


Snow Trigger

I used cool blue and some chunky Martha Stewart glitter  to create my snow scene. I put double sided tape on some white cardstock and then cut the hill and the PTI snowman as well as my mat. I peeled the protective layer off the mat and then stuck my blue and white scene on it. Then I removed the protective layer off the snow and the snowman and dunked the whole thing in the glitter.

No sentiment - I love the serene peaceful feeling of this (and I didn't want to emboss in white - it wouldn't have matched the 'snow'!)

12 comments:

  1. All that sparkle is so pretty, Ardyth - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the cards I see for sale in the Chicago Art Museum. They always have gorgeous, modern Christmas cards. This is spectacular! What a perfect blue...the snow just pops in contrast to it. Simply fantastic. Love this! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! so super sparkly, I think white embossing wouldn't have worked either. Such a fun Christmas card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ultimate modern art snowman, Ardy! Well done!! Happy Anniversary!! I hope you got my card! xxoo Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Festive Friday! Can't wait to play on this challenge!

    Love your super simple classy elegant snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it just the way it is! Love the chunky glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smiled in delight and appreciation as soon as I saw this, Ardyth ... it's a delight ... stunning sparkliness against that delicious blue background! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore snowmen and this is a FAB card! Love the creative design and sparkle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, super peaceful. The lack of sentiment makes it even more seem like just after a big snow when it's pure, clean and QUIET! Wonderful effect, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfection! that blue is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just the most stunning snowman on the planet! So classy and very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.