Monday 1 October 2012

FS295 - Casing Vicki

I have two cards for this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper challenge.


The first one was inspired by this card by Vicki:




I love crisp navy and white together. And a Christmas card is a good excuse to go a little crazy with the Stickles! I used an old Stampin' Up image and Midnight Muse ink and cardstock. (Is this the right time to admit that I have absolutely no appreciation of poetry - I mean, that doesn't even rhyme or have a rhythm. Give me Dr. Seuss any day! lol!)




The second one was inspired by this card by Vicki:


My first thought was to use my Kaleidecolor inkpad, but the Unity sentiment stamp was too long for it, so I opted to use the colours in the open dots instead.

My son has been out all weekend (a total of about 22 hours since Thursday) 'tagging' (ie asking for donations) for his squadron (180 Mosquito) of the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. What a good lesson about discipline (wearing the uniform, being on time, working long hours) and how to interact with people. Seriously, is there anything tougher than asking a stranger for money? I'm really proud of his dedication and commitment. Now about that math homework.....

5 comments:

  1. Great cards. Love the Xmas one especially

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love that snowflake card, and I'd say Stickles are absolutely essential wherever snowflakes appear on cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are very nice! The old SU stamp is great and so perfect for your case of Vicki's card. The sparkly, colorful b.d. card is very cool, too. Another great case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I just love the simplicity of your style.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.