Monday 7 May 2012

Selective Stamping





Not too long ago, I came into possession of this background stamp:


I did not buy this stamp (and I didn't steal it, either! LOL!), but it ended up in my stash. It's not really my style - the stitching on the hearts is a little folksy for me. But I did think those little flowers were cute. So I inked it up (only where the daisies are) and stamped it twice, coloured the daisies with copics and then handcut  little squares around the flowers, and put them on top of a little wonky square from Denami Designs that I stamped 9 times in black onto a white cardbase (not too straight - that would require measuring!) and ended up with this cute and easy card.

7 comments:

  1. i love it! I love how you used the stamp that looks folks/country and turned it to a funky/mod shape! I love the bright colors you used for the flowers too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Ardyth! LOVE the repeating pattern and bright flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How do you come up with these amazing ideas? Seriously, science really needs to study the creative portion of your brain and have it cloned....and then sell chunks to the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Geri. I think. But I need to hold onto all the brain cells I can! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely love this Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with your opinion of this stamp and I totally love how you found a way to make it work for you! This is a great little card!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.