Tuesday 29 May 2012

Happy 13th Birthday

My son's 13th birthday is next month, and I've been thinking about different ideas for his card. He's a Canadian Air Cadet, so this week's Play Date Cafe colours are perfect for him.







I played around for a while with the three colours of paper, putting together strips and then cutting them and replacing them into squares (is that called bargello?) and then I remembered the double-coloured stamping I did for my sweet card last week and I wondered if it would work with three colours. It does, but only if two colours are related because you have to ink one colour over another. I inked each letter with 2/3 Brocade Blue, then inked 1/3 Navy over the Brocade, leaving 1/3 blank for the Real Red. Have I confused you? LOL! If you really want to know and that explanation is not clear, let me know and I can do some photos to show you.

I used Clear and Simple's Duo Alpha, a little Waltzingmouse "Happy", Stamps of Life tear drop for the flame, and I don't know whose numbers or little stars those are.

The layout I used came from this week's Fall To Layout:



And here are the Playdate Cafe Colours:



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous boys card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ardyth - LOVE your tri-colour stamping and the little flame :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is slightly older and a Scottish Air Cadet and I'm sure he would love this as much as your son will ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CAS birthday card! Love the candle flame above the letter. :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for a 13 year old boy. Not too much fuss but just enough bold happy color that says it all!

    ReplyDelete