Thursday 22 March 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #89

I found a new challenge! Waltzingmouse hosts a sketch challenge and this week's looked pretty straightforward to me:


In fact, I think that would be a pretty nice card on its own. But I wasn't going to be the one who submitted the sketch as my card (although I may make it into a card anyway!)

One of my favourite Waltzingmouse sets is Free Spirit - it has all these masculine images (including tattoos!) and guy words in a masculine font - it's a real life saver when you're making cards for teenage boys! 

Here's the card I made for one of my son's friends:



Once again, I used a Kaleidecolor pad to get the blended  variation in the tattoos/swirls. I added just enough yellow stickles to make it look like it's shimmering with heat (you can click on the photo to enlarge it if you can't see the stickles).

Last year, I also used these tattoo images to make my nephew's birthday card. He is fascinated by Zippo lighters, and our gift to him was a couple of books about the lighters themselves and the history of the Zippo company. I knew his card had to be special:




Supplies:
Dude:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse
Paper:Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Kaleidecolor (Desert Heat)
Accessories: Yellow Stickles

Lighter:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse, Papertrey, HA alphabet
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury, Brushed Silver
Ink: Black, Yellow, Orange, Grey, Versamark
Accessories: Silver embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, that is how it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnarly! I simply must have a card with the word "Dude" in it. Please add that to the list for my next round of purchases from you.

    That's some righteous card making there Spicoli...er, I mean Ardyth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are just FABULOUS, Ardyth! Maybe I shouldn't use the word fabulous for such manly man projects...but they really are! I love the way the tattoos pop against the white base. That gift card holder is the bomb (there, that's manly :) I just love the shape and the simple silver embossing on the grey! Great job with the WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is so very cool, great card!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.