Monday 13 February 2012

Cut-out Circles

My hubby and I were watching a rom-com the other night ("How do you Know") and all I came away with was the design for this masculine card from the cushions on the couch of one of the guys:


Yeah, it (the film) was not one of my all time faves, but I am happy with this card, which will go to one of the many men I am still making cards for.

Then I saw this week's Less is More challenge. Turns out, now that I've read it again, that these cards, which  have more than one layer, don't actually qualify, but I like them and they wouldn't have ended up as one-layer anyway! (note to self: read the instructions!!)

I do think that they qualify for the other requirement - which is stripes, although not in a straight-stripey way.

First I did this:



I cut out various rings using circle nestabilities, glued them together and cut the result in half, and then one half into quarters. I love the colours together and I get a broadcasting  (as in sending warm thoughts) kind of feeling from it.

It also reminded me of a sunset, so I used half of the circle to come up with this:


Which I love! 

I think it's sunny and happy and makes me feel warm. And there's room to stamp a sentiment when I decide who to send this to.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
"Happy Birthday"
Stamps: Waltzingmouse
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Gina K 120 lb
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Circle nestabilities, black diamond stickles

"Sending love"
Stamps: none
Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: none
Accessories: Circle nestabilities, stardust stickles

"Abstract Sunset"
Stamps: none
Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: none
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, stardust stickles

1 comment:

  1. The first card is stunning! Really strong colours and very graphic, perfect for a guy! I love it. Sort of reminds me of the London Underground logo!!

    Love the circular stipes too!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.