Friday 17 February 2017

Pin-Sights - Super Lucky

Please scroll down for my SugarPea Designs SweetPeeks Day 5 post!


This month's Pin-Sights challenge at Ellen Hutson is based on my favourite colour!


58fc33a4b2196b3d687ab65298a29cb9

I focused on the photo of the two ice creams with the grey ombre background.

I started with a watercolour panel and painted a simple wash, starting with a brush full of Hickory Smoke distress ink, letting it fade out as I moved my brush to the bottom. I set that aside to dry.

Then I stamped and embossed my flower a few times on another panel. I watercoloured with Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio and Faded Jeans. Once they were dry, I cut them out with matching dies. I inlaid one and popped up the other. before stamping my sentiment in black to represent the basket.

I used:
-Essentials by Ellen Bohemian Garden
-Essentials by Ellen Up the Happy



8 comments:

  1. Love those aqua/blue flowers. Just Dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardyth, your card is beautiful. I always look forward to your interpretations of provided inspiration. It really helps me avoid tunnel vision and the obvious. Thanks for sharing. I always love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water color wash is outstanding. That's a great sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely sublime Ardyth.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours of the these flowers -stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours, Ardyth!!!!!! Beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite colour, too! Fab card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.