Friday 27 November 2015

Muse 143 - Joy to the World


This is my card for this week's Muse Challenge, where Tracey has given us this fun, whimsical card as inspiration:



I focused on Tracey's
-colour scheme (red, black, white, gold and some brown)
-theme Christmas/Joy
-black circle element with a scene inside
-red frame

I used a Dee's Distinctively Joy die, cut in gold foil and black. I stamped an image from Papertrey's Stained Glass on the centre of the 'o' and coloured it with Copics, then Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents, which doesn't show in the photo, but is sparkly and shiny in real life. I cut my panel with an MFT pierced rectangle die in a size slightly smaller than the Joy Die, to leave a big red frame, and also to allow the J and the Y to hang over a little.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Ardyth - I love the nativity in the 'O'!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how perfectly your image works in the O of JOY. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely awesome how perfectly Baby Jesus fits within the "O". Love the hangover of the J and Y (wonder if J and Y have a headache....as in 'hangover'...sorry, couldn't resist!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your coloring on the Christ Child image, this is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card, Ardyth! Love the stained glass image in the "O".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh I love this! I just made a card with the same stamp, but I'm so loving your card better! What a great idea to place it in the center of JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. clever way to use the stained glass image. when I first saw the snippet of this card, I thought, this reminds me of Ardyth. Duh!! So clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't tell you enough how much I love your CASE of my amuse card this week! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Striking, bold and just beautiful, Ardyth ... love the infant Jesus inside the Joy ... such clever imagery! Hugs & bisous, bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the image in the middle of the O, Ardyth. It's the perfect size and looks like they were meant to be put together like this.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.