Friday 11 October 2013

FFC18 - Who-vian Whimsy!


Time for a new Festive Friday challenge. This time the challenge is to make a project with a whimsical theme.



It doesn't get much more whimsical than these trees. They remind me of Who-ville. I fell in love with them when I first saw them on Bev's card here. I mentioned this to Bev in my comment, and, being Bev (amazingly kind and generous), she sent me a whole forest of them before she "dumped" her Cricut for her new Silhouette Cameo! I've waited a while for the perfect opportunity to use some of them. I used vellum for the stars and Glam Pink and Firefly stickles as the ornaments, and a new Papertrey sentiment.

And while we're speaking of Bev, after months of anticipation, she and I met up in real life last weekend! We had a too-short, but very fun time in a little town in Wisconsin, shopping, chatting, having lunch and laughing like old friends. We almost parted without a photo, if you can believe it, but in the end we did get a couple.


I also met Kelly in Chicago last weekend, but I'm waiting for photos from my sister's phone (mine died before the day started!) and then I'll post about that!



12 comments:

  1. Wow, TWO of my biggest inspirations in once place???!!! Eeeeek. I am glad it was a very nice visit!

    Love the inspiration and your card lift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees are super fun! And how awesome to meet Bev and Kelly in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those trees!

    I love seeing photos of two bloggers meeting up, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise to wake up this morning to "Seussical" trees and lovely comments! Love how you've made this a really happy Christmas card. The pop of pinks and green is just the right touch...maybe I should have cut some in those colors too...! You are such an amazing card maker and a good friend. Have a wonderful weekend! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bright trees and it's really fun to know that we can meet out blog friends in person some day, some time :) I hope to meet a lot of you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore these trees, Ardyth ... love the perfect stickles ornaments and the simple sentiment ... simply splendid! Such a fabulous and happy photo of you and Bev ... how awesome that you got to meet one another IRL and had such a fabulous visit together! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great holiday card! Love the colors. Glad you got to meet some of your stamping friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 2 of you really made me jealous!
    I agree totally whimsical... and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute Ardyth! Love the style...LOVE the trees and love the fab stickles embellishing! Now I want the tree! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun, fun card, Ardy!! Thank you for sharing the fab photo of you and Bev! I'm so jealous that you got to meet in person and the town itself sounds so charming for a meeting place. Well done getting this accomplished - and meeting Kelly, too!! You're a lucky lady!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very whovian, indeed! The shape and colors are just right. So glad you got a pic with Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tree card Ardyth! Such happy bright colors! Very whimsical ! So nice that you got to meet Bev in person! She is always so supportive to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.