Monday 5 March 2012

Just for Fun!

And on the topic of not knowing your own city, or just stumbling on something fun and unexpected, here's a photo of a sculpture we found downtown yesterday morning at 7:45 as I was driving my son and his friend to an Air Cadet Drill Competition. Fortunately, there was no traffic, so we sat at the green light while we got the camera out and my son (see him in the mirror in the bottom left corner) took the photo. Unfortunately, we don't know who made it or what it represents, but for my military-minded almost 13-year-old son, it was a find! (Edited to add: I am informed that this sculpture represents the War of 1812, when the British defended the border of Canada from the invading Americans!)



Edited to add: 
Here's another photo from the internet, for a different perspective:


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.