Thursday 16 February 2012

OLW 79 - Stamps, stamps and more stamps

The one layer challenge this week is to use at least three stamps on your one-layer card.
I used 19:




I hope individual letters count, because they are difficult to work with when they're separate. When I bought this Papertrey Ink Fresh Alphabet, I bought two, so that I would have two of every letter, so the only letter I had to repeat and doesn't count as a separate stamp is one of the 'i's. Each star is also separate.

This is a card I designed at the end of last year to use for the 2012 Yorkminster Citadel Christmas cards. I make about 150 cards each year that are mailed to members of our church. I usually do 12 each of a design (efficient use of supplies!).  Our church has a congregation almost half English and half Spanish, so I thought going with Latin would solve my translation issues. So now I have 11 more of these to make and then my February cards will be done. (see this post for the "Believe" January Church Christmas card)

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Fresh Alphabet), Impress Rubber Stamps (Angel), Various small stars
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Gold embossing powder



7 comments:

  1. This is really a beautiful card. Placing individual letters is really difficult (for me at least). I am impressed that you used 19 stamps. The result is totally worth it though. Nice job.
    tonilea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will just have to visualize it: this is me bowing to you, bow, bow. Holy cow, and it looks stunning, to boot! I hope you don't mind but I was so impressed that I linked to your site in my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful straight stamping and clean embossing - I am in awe. I somehow always end up with embossing powder flecks everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the elegance and simplicity of this card, and your embossing is SO clean. I remembering singing this song in grade school for the xmas pageant, it was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ardyth, this is beautiful! I love the shiny gold letters!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.