Thursday 9 February 2012

Boys turning 13

My son and his friends are turning 13 this year. Is there a group of people harder to make cards for than teenage boys?! I don't think so, but every year 3 of them have their birthdays within 2 months, just after about half of the men in my family have birthdays, so I'm in "masculine mode" for much of the beginning of the year.

A bunch of these soon-to-be-teens joined the Canadian Air Cadets this year. It's an amazing program and my son, who when at home wants to do nothing but play video games LOVES spending 3 hours every Friday night  'drilling' - learning how to polish boots and take care of the uniform, marching, saluting and shouting "Yes, Sargeant". Well that's fine with me, even if he rarely says "Yes, Mom" with the same conviction. LOL!

So I decided to go with the air force theme and took a look at the symbols for the Royal Canadian Air Force.




And I came up with this:



Clean design, bold colours. What are your go-to strategies for making cards for boys/men?

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Need for Speed), Papercraft (Happy Birthday)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Bordering Blue, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities


1 comment:

  1. My strategy for cards? Well, since I'm a baker, and not a cardmaker, here would be my 'dream strategy': you and I would live in the same town, I would then be able to walk down the street and purchase all of these beautiful cards directly from you. How much simpler could it be? I could then ply my sweets onto you and your family. Perfect! (My neighbour - and current recipient of all this baking is now 'pre-diabetic'.. oops! So I need some new victims :)
    Beautiful cards as always...love your work!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.